Tuesday 16 June 2015

1 WEEK POST-OP!

Finally week one! Today has been very good for pain and discomfort. I would rate pain 0.5/10 and discomfort 4/10, right now. I'm super excited, in exactly one week I will be heading to my orthodontist for him to loosen my elastics which will be amazing! Eating liquid food is hard on the energy level and I would really love to eat some soft pasta and some potato salad. Mmm. Right now all I am eating is Ensure. I have probably 3 a day and try to eat some soup. My appetite isn't 100% back yet. I'm sure it will be when I get told I can eat soft foods again tho! LOL

As for my surgery, overall, I really like the way my bite and face are looking right now. The swelling is going away more and more everyday and seeing the changes in my face is fun! But it's still hard to imagine the final product. Though, I do love not having dimples in my chin every time I close my mouth, since it's been that way since I was a little kid (11 years old ish). One of the main issues I have now is just that my lips are getting way too dry, so I am going to have to remember to keep up on putting Vaseline on them.

I think I will start going on short walks soon, as I heard it will help move the swelling out of your system. Also, I have been using moist heat on my face and it's helped the tension more and more! My smile is still really crooked from having so much tightness in my cheeks but that should go away very quickly because all I do is smile. xD

Today is not a huge update, next week will be more exciting. :D










No comments:

Post a Comment